Is Vietnamese New Year a Public Holiday in Vietnam?
Vietnamese New Year is a public holiday for the general population according to Vietnam Holidays 2022. This means, offices, colleges, schools, universities, and several other academic institutions remain closed on this day.
How do the Celebrations of Vietnamese New Year Take Place?
Quite a few events take place on the occasion of New Year in Vietnam. Let us find out what they are.
- Almost all Vietnamese people prepare for Tet by cooking some special delicacies.
- Some ancestral worshipping is also done in many parts of the country.
- Elder folks give money and gifts to the younger ones.
- Pilgrims and feasts are also a common spectation of the Vietnamese New Year.
Vietnamese New Year Observances
|2019||Tue||5 February||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2020||Sat||25 January||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2021||Fri||12 February||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2022||Tue||1 February||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2023||Sun||22 January||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2024||Sat||10 February||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
|2025||Wed||29 January||Vietnamese New Year||National Holiday|
New Year Celebrations in Other Countries
- New Year’s Day in Australia
- New Year’s Day in Canada
- New Year’s Day in the United States
- New Year’s Day in Sweden
We hope you have liked this article on Vietnamese New Year’s Day 2022. Thank you for being an important part of AstroSage.