Is Maharana Pratap Jayanti in 2020 A Public Holiday?
Maharana Pratap Jayanti in 2020 falls on 25 মে and is a regional public holiday in the northern Indian states of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Rajasthan On the third day of the month of Jyeshta. This indicates it occurs in late May or early June according to the Western calendar. This festival commemorates the birth of a famous emperor from the 16th century who defied the Mughal Empire’s might.
Maharana Pratap Jayanti History
Maharana Pratap Jayanti history holds special significance both politically and religiously. The Indian people, particularly those in the north, revere and even worship Maharana Pratap. The great king’s story began when Akbar, the Mughal Emperor, invaded Maharana Pratap’s dynasty. Later, when Maharana Pratap became king, he repeatedly refused to form an alliance with Akbar. Although the king did not completely conquer the Mughals, he did defeat them once in the Haldighati battle, despite being outnumbered two to one. He accomplished this by employing terrain tactics aimed at assassinating the opposing general.
Maharana Pratap Jayanti Celebrations
On Maharana Pratap Jayanti, extensive special pujas are performed in his memory. Numerous cultural events and debates take place throughout the country on this special day. On his birthday, many people also pay a visit to his memorial statue in Udaipur. Additionally, vibrant parades and religious rites are held to commemorate the king’s legacy.
Facts about Maharana Pratap Singh
- Maharana Pratap was born in Rajasthan on May 9th, 1540. Maharana Udai Singh II, the king of the Kingdom of Mewar, with the capital at Chittor, was his father. Pratap was the Crown Prince as the eldest of 25 sons.
- Chittor was surrounded in 1567 by Emperor Akbar’s Mughal Empire’s powerful soldiers. Rather than capitulate to the Mughals, Maharana Udai Singh II chose to leave Chittor and go west to Gogunda.
- After Maharana Udai Singh II died in 1572, Pratap Singh became Maharana of Mewar after a power struggle with one of his siblings.
- He would spend the rest of his life trying to recapture Chittor. He refused to sign multiple peace treaties with Akbar because he did not want to give up his kingdom’s independence. He fought valiantly against overwhelming odds and never surrendered to the Mughals, but he also never regained control of Chittor.
- He was gravely injured in a hunting accident in January 1597. On January 29th, 1597, he died at the age of 56. He gave his life fighting for his country, his people, and, most importantly, his honour.
মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী Observances
|বছর||সপ্তাহের দিন||দিনাঙ্ক||নাম||ছুটির প্রকার|
|2019||Thu||6 জুন||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2020||Mon||25 মে||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2021||Sun||13 জুন||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2022||Thu||2 জুন||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2023||Mon||22 মে||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2024||Sun||9 জুন||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
|2025||Thu||29 মে||মহরানা প্রতাপ জয়ন্তী||রাজকীয় ছুটি|
1. Is Maharana Pratap Jayanti a bank holiday?
It is not a bank holiday.
2. Is this celebrated around the world?
No, this holiday is more of an honor act towards Maharana Pratap and his bravery.
3. Whom did Maharana Pratap fight against?
He fought against the troops of the Mughal king Akbar.
From the above information, it is evident that Maharana Pratap Jayanti 2020 in India is observed on 25 মে. We hope you have liked this article on Maharana Pratap Jayanti in India. Thank you for being an important part of AstroSage.