Is Commemoration Day in UAE a Public Holiday?
Yes, Commemoration Day 2020 in UAE is a public holiday. This particular holiday occurs just two days before the two day long UAE National Day holidays. Hence, it is quite likely that UAE folks can avail some extra holidays when the dates coincide with a weekend.
Commemoration Day History in United Arab Emirates
According to the history of Commemoration Day in United Arab Emirates, President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed announced on 19 August 2015, that 30th of November will be observed as a national holiday each year, which would be called Martyrs’ Day. This would be celebrated to honour the sacrifices of those brave hearts who gave up their lives for UAE while being in the line of duty.
If history is to be believed, then Salem Suhail Khamis is understood as the first Emirati martyr who died on 30 November 1971 when he was fighting against the Iranuian forces in the "battle of the Greater Tunb”.
This day in the list of holidays 2020 is dedicated to the honour and loyalty of its martyrs, in for the sacrifices they have made for their beloved country. It seems as though UAE wants to keep alive the memory of those sons who sacrificed themselves so that the flag of UAE keeps flying high. This happened as they performed their tasks and duties with utmost sincerity in their own homeland as well as abroad, in the military, civil and humanitarian fields.
Many national events are held which are backed by the participation of all government institutions, residents and Emiratis on the day of Commemoration Day in UAE.
The events which are hosted to celebrate the pride of the nation are seen via the values like dedication, loyalty, devotion and belonging in the hearts of those who never took a back step in offering their services for the nation.
How do we celebrate Commemoration Day in UAE?
Here is a peek into some of the events which take place during Commemoration Day 2020 in UAE.
- The national flag of UAE is lowered at 8 AM in the morning.
- This happens in each and every government as well as semi government premise and the flag remains lowered unless and until a moment of silence is observed for all the fallen soldiers.
- A minute long prayer also gets conducted at 11:30 AM for the heroes of the nation.
- It is at 11:30AM that the flag gets hoisted while the national anthem is sung.
- People also whole heartedly express their loyalty and gratitude for their own country. An overwhelming sense of patriotism takes over the people as they take part in the celebrations of Commemoration Day in United Arab Emirates.
Commemoration Day Observances
|સપ્તાહ ના દિવસ
|રજાઓ ના પ્રકાર
1. What is Commemoration day in UAE?
Commemoration day in UAE is a special occasion celebrated to honour those fallen heroes who gave up their lives for the sake of their country.
2. Is Commemoration day in UAE a bank holiday?
Yes, Commemoration Day in UAE is a bank holiday. All the schools, colleges and all other public and private institutions remain closed on this particular day.
3.Why is Martyr’s Day celebrated in UAE?
Martyr’s day is celebrated to pay tribute to those martyrs who gave up their lives for the sake of the nation.
So, this was all you need to know about Commemoration Day 2020 in the United Arab Emirates. Thank You so much for connecting with us. We wish for your bright and happy future!!