Is Valentine’s Day in Germany a Public Holiday?
No, Valentine’s Day in Germany is not a public holiday. Sure, the valentine’s week brings an atmosphere of happiness and romance, but it is a day strictly reserved for the adults who want to commemorate the celebrations and dedicate this day to their loved ones.
Apart from this, all the public and private organisations maintain their regular working hours on this particular day. Thus, Valentine’s Day in Germany is not a prominent entry in the list of holidays 2022.
Valentine’s Day History
As it has been mentioned above, that the history of Valentine’s Day in Germany is very recent. It cannot be concluded that German people have been celebrating Valentine’s day and Valentine’s week since forever.
Valentine’s Day has always been popular in France, England, but never in Germany. But, with World War II coming to an end the French, English and Americans capturing Germany, this tradition of celebrating Valentines’ day came into prominence.
It was in the year 1950 that the first Valentine’s Ball was organised in Nuremberg. From then onwards, the traditions started to grow and people began to celebrate Valentine’s Day 2022 in Germany.
Valentine’s Day in Germany : How Do the Celebrations Take Place?
There are not many specific traditions associated with Valentine’s Day 2022 in Germany. Let us take a look at what they are.
- Valentine’s Day in Germany is strictly an adult’s holiday. Probably that’s the reason why we do not witness any cartoon cards getting circulated in the market on this day.
- People not only exchange cards, but flowers too on the occasion of Valentine’s Day. Flowers are the most selected choice of gifts on Valentine’s Day.
- Good luck piggies have also started gaining prominence and are being widely exchanged on Valentine’s Day.
- One more highlight of the day are Ginger Cookies which are specifically made for this occasion only. They are heart shaped cookies and decorated with frosting.
Valentine’s Day Observances
|साल||सप्ताह के दिन||दिनांक||नाम||छुट्टी का प्रकार|
|2019||गुरु||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2020||शुक्र||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2021||रवि||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2022||सोम||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2023||मंगल||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2024||बुध||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
|2025||शुक्र||14 फरवरी||Valentine’s Day||पर्व|
1. Is Valentine’s Day a bank holiday in Germany?
No, Valentine’s Day is not a bank holiday in Germany
2. Why is Valentine’s Day celebrated in Germany?
Valentine’s Day is celebrated to pay tribute to the spirit of love.
3. What is the history of Valentine’s day in Germany?
The history of Valentine’s day in Germany has its roots in the Roman festival Lupercalia.
Valentine’s Day Celebrations In Other Countries
This was all you need to know about Valentine’s Day 2022 in Germany. Thank You so much for connecting with us. Wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day!!